A key player in project finance in Africa
“Project Law Firm” embodies both our ambition as well as our core business.
Project Law Firm
Our lawyers have a wealth of experience in project financing in French-speaking sub-Saharan Africa.
We offer our clients in-depth experience regarding infrastructure project finance, crucial for the expansion of the continent, particularly in the energy sector, in Africa, whether for public, private or partnership projects.
Our firm advises African states, IFIs and DFIs, international and local banks, international as local private stakeholders (international SMEs and based in French-speaking sub-Saharan African countries) on project finance.
Our team intervenes at all stages of the project finance: drafting and negotiation of financing documentation, selection, and implementation of appropriate guarantees, refinancing and restructuring of existing arrangements.
- Determining the legal framework, particularly in the OHADA area
- Assisting in structuring the capital contributions required for complex investment projects on the continent
- Managing risk by ensuring financial viability and social and environmental impact
- Advising in the negotiation and managing T&C risks with lenders
- Advising a sponsor with regards to a 1080 MW hydroelectric project in Cameroun.
(Value: about USD 3 billion)
- Advising public parties with regards to a 147 MW hydropower project in three African states.
(Estimated investment value: USD 650-700 million)
- Advising a DFI with regards to a 50 MW geothermal project in Ethiopia.
(Value: approx. USD 271 million)
- Advising a DFI with regards to a road sector project in Kenya.
(Value: approx. USD 1.7 billion)
- Advising a DFI in monitoring a 459 MW gas-to-power project in Nigeria.
- – Advising the government and SONATREL with regards to the 420 MW Nachtigal hydropower project in Cameroun.
(Value: approx. EUR 1.2 billion)
- Advising a state state in the review of its contractual documentation for a powership project.